Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Journal Entry 3

NOTE: 25 Questions and Project Question are posted under my Project Development page

First: my thoughts on Inquiry-based learning.
I really liked the excercise we did as a large group class, asking questions about statements posted about questioning. 3 of my questions were:
1) What questions should be asked to find truth?
2) When a question is asked, is the truth found in the answer, or is it found on the path towards the answer?
3) What is the difference between doubting and questioning?

With these questions in mind, I began to develop my project question.


Developing a project question has been weighing on my mind this week, and although I have a question that I feel I am temporarily satisfied with, I have a gut feeling that this is going to be a great challenge to me in my project development. I think that the hardest thing is that I have so many questions I would love to at least try to find answers to, but 3 months is such a limited time, I know that it will be hard enough to find answers to my one and final question. After reading the class materials regarding developing a project question, I realized how specific and detailed I'm going to need to be in order to use my time efficiently and in order to accomplish what I want to accomplish. That has played a huge role in my question development, and I want to be able to have something I can tackle while in the field.

1 comment:

  1. Any thoughts on the three questions you listed about class? I'd be especially interested in what you would say on the third one, about the difference between doubting and questioning. I think if you'd asked me a day or two ago, I would have been more likely to say they're the same thing ... but we had a conversation in the Cultural Inquiry group last night about religion and spirituality as a part of cross-cultural experiences and it's made me wonder again if there is a point of being too open, in being too flexible with your own identity and convictions. Anyway, interesting to think about.

    ReplyDelete

Books I'm Reading

  • My Spiritual Journey by H.H. the Dalai Lama
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin