Monday, January 10, 2011

Journal Entry #2

On Friday we looked at pictures of the area in which we will be studying, and it really helped me get an idea of what in my project will be realistic to carry out and what will not. For example, It may be hard to observe parenting style in the market area or in everyday life because I'm not sure how much I will be able to distinguish and separate the group I specifically want to sample in the hub-bub of town.

I know that my project will take form here in the states but I also know that I need to be open to perhaps significant change while abroad because life will be so different and I don't think I'll really know how my day-to-day life and observation opportunitites will vary.

Looking at pictures of the area and getting a feel for the landscape/geography of the town and surrounding areas has helped me get an idea for how I should better carry out my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I'm Reading

  • My Spiritual Journey by H.H. the Dalai Lama
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin